Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Proverbs.13.Bill.2.13.13

Bill asks: Is it “well with your soul”?

Facing something right now that is troubling to your soul?
 How is your peace?

You can always go to the cross in humility and then rise up and take your peace. That is my prayer for you to accomplish today. And please above all else you must:

Remember Jesus loves you today and so do John and Al. Have a great day in the LORD.
…..Please…..do not forget your Spiritual tie.”

Opening Prayer: Most Gracious Father, this morning as I lift my voice to you I ask for wisdom, strength and guidance as I go through my day. Lead me as I should follow.
Comments/Insights: When it is 28 degrees outside, you are in a warm bed, and you wake up with a thought (from God) how do you react? This morning at 4:38 the single word “obedience” came to me, also the hymn “It is well”. So since obedience was now my word of the day, I got up!
The first verse of this great old hymn goes;
“When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.
Do our reactions to the circumstances that we face reflect our faith in God? Do we face issues with fear or worry or do we put our trust in Him? Are we only obedient to His call “when peace, like a river, attendeth my way…”or also “when sorrows like sea billows roll;”? In this verse the words “thou hast taught me to say, it is well…”. To me that means that at ALL TIMES we should humble ourselves before our God Almighty and say “It is well, it is well with my soul”.
Verse 4 goes;
And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
even so, it is well with my soul.
We need to continue our obedience to God in all and through all that we do. Jesus is coming soon. Are you ready? Is it “well with your soul”? If not, “there is room at the Cross for (even) you!”
Basic Scripture Truth: Several verses stood out to me in reading Proverbs 13, but the one that ties into the teaching at the ARM ministry is verse 14.

V 14 (NIV) – “The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death.”

We cannot gain knowledge through osmosis, but by actually participating in the gathering of it. With knowledge comes wisdom and wisdom through the word of God.

Application to my Life: I need to be in the Bible on a daily basis. Not just reading it but also through studying it. I need to pray to God for wisdom and I need to surround myself with godly people. Not only do I have to ask questions, but receive them answered.

Closing Prayer: Dear God, as I go through the day, let me surround myself with those that have godly wisdom and allow me to learn. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment