Thursday, February 21, 2013

Proverbs 21. A1.2.21.13

                                                  Proverbs.21.Al.2.21.13
 
Well it's Thursday and I am memorizing I Corin. 15: verses 3 & 4 simply by carrying a little card around in my pocket and reading it all week long. I read it when I first get up, when I start my car (every time all day), when I come home and at bed-time.

I also find time to read ahead of and verses after the one which I am committing to memory. Thy word have I hid in my __________.......that I may not ________ against thee. I view scripture memory as fire insurance. If His word is churning in my mind it affects my spirit and my heart will respond to His quiet voice and I seem to hear Him speaking more clearly. And I can testify I really seem to sin less. At the very least I can testify that His peace comes and my day goes better.

Try it you may like it.

When was the last time you meditated and memorized a short passage in the word?

Was it really that long ago?


Opening Prayer ….

After I read my scripture memory verse for the week, I prayed for 1 minute and I asked God to have His way with me today. I committed my day to Him and asked Him to reveal His nature to me and through me in my contact with people. I asked Him to speak to me as I opened His Word to Proverbs 21.

It only took me 6 minutes to read Proverbs chapter 21.

I noticed a thread in verses 1, 11, &31. See if you notice it.

Basic Scripture Truth ….

My heart as every leaders’s heart is in the hands of God. When I am submitted to Him, He turns my pliable heart toward His concerns for today. When I receive reproof I receive knowledge. I can make my preparations based on His perceived knowledge received from His loving reproofs and insightful instructions. However as I begin my day my safety and my peace will come from trusting in him, not in my preparations.

Application to my Life ….

God help me to trust in you and not in my talents and gifts. Turn my heart the way you want me to go. Make my plans your plans. Mark my steps. I love you Lord.

That took 4 minutes. That makes 11 total.

Closing Prayer ….

1 more minute and I prayed ........I praise and worship you my Heavenly Father. My trust is in Your son Jesus and I come to You in His name. PaPa God help me to discern Your thoughts today. My desire is to accomplish Your tasks today. Help me be free to set aside my priorities and make sure my plans are what You want me to be doing. I am desperate for You...............Father.............I am so glad I took 12 minutes to be with YOU to start my day.  In Jesus Holy name..........................Amen.................

Speak to me Lord Jesus and by Your Spirit quicken my spirit to do my Father's will today. Your servant listens Lord. Use me Lord Jesus in Your Kingdom work................Your bond servant............al

How is your heart today?

What is your peace level?

Let me hear from you after you spend 12 minutes with the Lord……….Have a good and Godly day……..In Christ……………al



No comments:

Post a Comment