Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Proverbs 31 with Rod


Proverbs.31.Rod.12.31.2012.

Rod states: “God wants us to run the race of life. It doesn't matter if you don't place first, but do the best that you can. He'll be with you when you are weary and ready to give up, but He promises us that He'll be with us no matter the circumstances, if we will only pray to Him. What a great endorsement from our God!”

We do not have to be the best Christian out there. We just have to be the best we can be with dependence on God. And that includes laying down our addictions.Plus you really need to always:

Remember Jesus loves you today and so do John and Al. Have a great day in the LORD.

…..Please…..do not forget your Spiritual tie.”

INSIGHTS/THOUGHTS

When drinking at a sporting event has to be necessary, and at the only game in town, you'd better take up another sport. If you feel that you're a better spectator when you follow the crowd and do what they do, it's time to re-evaluate your, so called, "Christian values." Those players on that field aren't drinking, are they? Why should we? They don't drink while playing their sport, because they know that it clouds their mind and hinders their reflexes and their performance. We have this idea that if we don't purchase the products that endorses our team, that we're not a "true-blue" fan! How absurd! These little bits of nuggets can lead to bigger problems later on. The absurdity is two teams of players, most are millionaires, fight it out on the field to see which one can best the other by scoring more points than his opponent. Afterwards, then what? Bragging rights?! Those same players drive away in their "Corvettes" or "Range Rovers" and the fans drive away either glad or mad, and sometimes "bombed!" Drinking alcohol at any celebration can lead to serious problems, even to the point of addiction. Yes, I want my favorite team to win, too, and if not this time, maybe next time. Either way, it has no bearing on our life or death issues. Keeping things of life into perspective can be obtained by being in God's word. He already knows the score! "Excitements" are a gift from God for you to enjoy, but not to abuse. Things can get out of hand when we begin to assume that our input will change a particular game. The sobering fact is everything will all pass away, accept God's Holy Word. Sports is great fun, but it is a game! Our Bibles are for real! Cheer for the "Panthers" football team, but with our faculties in tact! Putting things in their proper order starts on our knees. These magnificent athletes are people, too. They have this desire to receive the accolades that are given to them for their accomplishments. After that, can he match it again and again? That's what we expect, and when they begin to falter, we call them "bums!" We can get to the point of hating them because they bruised our pride of being a winner for a season. God definitely doesn't approve of that at all! I saw an athlete that was running a "cross country" race, and with the delight and cheers of all that observed it, win! Excitement galore! I also saw that same crowd cheer even louder when that last runner, who was lagging so far behind that it was almost dark when he finally came into the arena, exhausted and weary to the almost fainting stage, but he was determined to finish that race. No one left that arena. He did finish and was given a rousing and up roaring cheer from the time they saw him enter that arena 'til he ran through the finish tape. Amazing I thought, for the crowd's admiration of a runner that didn't win, but strives to at least finish. God wants us to run the race of life. It doesn't matter if you don't place first, but do the best that you can. He'll be with you when you are weary and ready to give up, but He promises us that He'll be with us no matter the circumstances, if we will only pray to Him. What a great endorsement from our God!

OPENING PRAYER

Father help us, as we cheer for our favorite team, to keep our priorities in a good and Godly order. You first and everything else second. You're the God of everything that existed, exists, and will exist! I love You, Father but You still loved us first. HALLELUJAH! God's love endures forever. In Jesus name…….Amen.

KEY VERSES

Proverbs 31: 4 - 7 "Drinking makes you forget your responsibilities"..."Beer and wine are only for the dying..."

APPLICATIONS TO MY LIFE

I'm an avid sports fan. I thought that the final score had to have my full attention and how it was obtained. I found out that my "blood pressure" did better when I would accept the fact that no matter whether I watched or not, I had nothing to do with the end result. I had to keep any game from controlling my life. God needed to give me a shot of reality and I needed to let God be my controller.

CLOSING PRAYER

Father,I need Your grace and mercy on me when I allow asinine things to depress me and keep me from thanking You for Your many blessings. I want my spiritual life to flourish and be evident to anyone that I come across and that can only be accomplished by Your magnificence and Your mercies. God, You're so wonderful. In Jesus name.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment